Trinity Lutheran Church's congregation dates back to 1891, when the first formal Norwegian Lutheran service was held in New Westminster. These Norwegian immigrants came to Canada because of their interest in the fishing industry. At the turn of the 20th century, some built homes and boat docks on the Delta side of the Fraser River and called their community "Annieville". Places in Delta still proudly bear the names of some of these early settlers: Gunderson Park, Iverson Crescent, Mackie Library, Annieville Elementary School and Park.
The Norwegians also built a church on Norum Point, which served people from both sides of the Fraser River. When the railroad needed the land, the church, as seen today, was built on 15 acres donated from the proceeds of the original Norum Point church. The "new" church reflects the early fishing village roots of the congregation: the sanctuary's Chancel is in the shape of a boat wheelhouse and the windows are placed as they would have been on a fishing boat. 2009 marked the 100th anniversary of the "new" church.
Today, Trinity Lutheran Church, with its deep roots in the community, continues to listen for God at work in our neighborhoods. We are building bridges with our neighbours of other faiths. We open our doors to both seasoned members and those just testing the waters of the life of faith.